I was tagged by Tracy, so here we go...
7 random facts that some may know and others may not....
1) I played tennis in high school for a few years and I didn't take it very seriously, but I love playing to this day and I'm always looking for a tennis partner to play with regularly. Wanna play?
2) I have slowly been pursuing nursing school off and on for several years. Praying through it and making sure it is something that the Lord wants for me and not just something for my own selfish gain or pride. Currently I am taking Chemistry and I love it! I am such a nerd.
3) During this year of election, I am realizing how much I despise politics. You can't trust anyone who is running for president...it's all a game and it seems so foolish to put any faith or hope in any man/woman under heaven. During the years leading up to this election we have watched the extent of man's spectacle and attempt at glory. It only lasts a few minutes before you see man's petty desire for self promotion and wordly agendas. Much like these debates and forums, it is really not what it appears to be. Our glory and our lives fade like a mist, but God's glory, wisdom, understanding, compassion, and love for us is eternal and limitless. Ok...sorry, I'm done.
4) I am one of the clumsiest people I know. In the kitchen, I usually cut myself each time I cook. You can see me usually walking into a wall or two during the day, dropping things on my and other peoples feet, bruises all over the place...it's really pathetic. I should live in a padded room or a bubble. The good thing is my clumsiness has never included our cars or more importantly, Juliet. I'm usually the only victim.
5) I am a little obsessed with Sara Groves. I truly believe that if she and I could just share the same space for a day or so, we would be best friends forever!
6) I get so stinkin frustrated at religion and ridiculous religion doctrine. Because of that religion and the skewed view of Christ that my family and so many of my friends share, they may never know the true, saving, life-giving, life-satisfying, definition of completeness that is my Jesus. Sometimes I feel like I am chipping away at plaque that has been built up on their hearts because of all the hurt and pain they have experienced in churches and from other believers. I can't stand the fact that I have heard members of my family say they don't feel accepted at any church and that's why they don't go! So many of my brothers and sisters in Christ cannot rise above their pride and extend the same mercy and grace and love that was extended to them, to non-believers. Seriously...infuriating. Lord, help me, there goes my blood pressure. (sorry, again.)
7) I have never seen The Lion King. I know there are a lot of movies I haven't seen, but when people find out I haven't seen this one, it usually gets a huge response. They usually walk away from me shaking their head, mumbling something about me not being an American or something. I have had plenty of opportunities to see it, but now it's just something I hold onto so I can say I've never seen it.
Ok....so, I tag Julie K, Amy, Abby...I think these are the only people that read my blog. So, if you are tagged, you write 7 random things about yourself (just in case you didn't know, because I didn't.)